Name, Seat, Legal Personality and Area of Activity
The Egon Wellesz Foundation is seated at the "Gesellschaft der Musikfreunde" in Vienna.
It is without legal personality but represented by its own administration and separate accountancy within the "Gesellschaft der Musikfreunde".
The Egon Wellesz Foundation has been established until the protection by copyright in 2044. Subject to dissolution by its committee it will remain active until sufficient capital may guarantee the execution of its purpose.
Its purpose is the promotion of Egon Wellesz' creative activity and the dedication of his personality, in memory of his beloved daughter Elisabeth and her constant support.
Its purpose contains
a) promotion of distribution and knowledge of Egon Wellesz' works and the academic accompaniment of the musicological discourse of his life and works, in form of publication of any kind, exhibition or organisation of editing by documentation of material connected to Egon Wellesz' life and work,
b) cooperation with persons or institutions attempting to spread and research on his musical and scientific output as well as his personality, such as publishers, libraries, archives etc.
- Cardinal Dr. Christoph Schönborn,
- em. o. Univ.-Prof. Dr. Johannes Koder,
- Prof. Henry Woudhuysen FBA, ex officio chancellor of Lincoln College, Oxford.
- em. o. Univ.-Prof. MMag. Dr. Hartmut Krones (chairman)
- Prof. Dr. Herbert Vogg (Vice-chairman)
- Dr. Thomas Angyan (director-general of the “Gesellschaft der Musikfreunde“ in Vienna),
- Hofrat Dr. Thomas Leibnitz (director of the music collection of the Austrian National Library),
- Mag. Veronica Kaup-Hasler, (minister of culture in Vienna),
- Mag. Dr. Hannes Heher (ORF/Ö1),
- Agents of music publishers Doblinger and Universal Edition
- Dr. Ingrid Gazzari (consultant)